Home notes for the evening of Friday, February 22nd, 2019
1) Science Project on Complex/Compound Machines. Project Instructions are on Showbie or available through the link. Project is due Monday, March 4th.
2) Heritage Fair is set for March 29th, 2019 in the gym. This is the Friday after March Break. Heritage Fair projects are due to be presented the first day back after March Break. (March 25th) After school Heritage Fair Extra help sessions begin on Friday February 1st. You must book in and have parent permission to stay. Only two students per day. 2:35 - 3:35.
** Heritage Fair Project Guide went home l week with students. Parents with questions please don't hesitate to contact me.
3) The school speech festival is on Monday, February 25th.
4) The Vesey's Spring Bulb Campaign ends in two weeks time. All orders and money must be in by Friday, March 1st so that we qualify for free shipping.
5) Come prepared on Monday with a couple of sources on information you intend to use for your Heritage Fair Project as well as a question you would like your research to answer.
If the question is giving you trouble try applying the six historical thinking concepts to your project. One of these or all could all serve as guiding questions as well. They begin on the bottom of page 11 of your heritage fair guide. If you are a more visual learner you might want to look at these concepts in video form from the Critical Thinking Consortium and apply them to your project to generate a question.
(Please click here for the schedule)